Sweet Potato Paratha Recipe
Sweet potato paratha is very easy to prepare where the boiled sweet potato is mashed and stuffed in the wheat flour dough roll it and fry with little ghee or oil. It is very easy to prepare and a very healthy breakfast or dinner for the kids. Its a very good option for kids who will not have veggies. Its a good option for even the diabetic patients to satisfy their sweet carving. Today I am sharing you this paratha recipe. Please try and let me know how it comes up.
Please tryout these Paratha/Roti recipes
- How to make Aloo Paratha in easy steps
- Methi Roti Recipe
- Ragi Roti Recipe | How to make easy and healthy Ragi Roti
Sweet Potato Paratha
- 1 or 2 Sweet Potato or chilagadadumpa
- 1 cup Wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2-3 tbsp Ghee
- 1/4 cup Water
Sweet Potato Stuffing
- Throughly wash the sweet potatoes and cut them to pieces and steam them for around 8 mins or boil them in pressure cooker for 1 whistle.
- Remove the boiled sweet potatoes from the cooker and cool them slightly.
- Peel off the skin and keep aside.
- Mash the sweet potatoes without any lumps.
- Take a small portion of the sweet potato and make small lemon size balls.
How to prepare dough
- Take wheat flour in a mixing bowl and add salt to it.
- Add little by little water to the flour and knead the dough.
- Make a soft dough and keep it aside for 10mins.
How to prepare paratha
- Take a big lemon size dough and make a ball.
- Dust the dough with wheat flour and roll it circularly for about 5inches diameter by using a rolling pin.
- Now place the earlier prepared sweet potato ball at the middle.
- Bring the edges together so that the sweet potato ball is completely covered with the dough. Stick all the edges and remove the excess dough. Carefully stick all the edges else there are chances of spilling out the stuff while rolling.
- Nicely make the dough to round and dust it with wheat flour. Start rolling the dough circularly, first with the hand to some extent to evenly spread the sweet potato stuffing.
- Now start rolling with the pin and make the paratha. If necessary, dust the flour now and then to avoid sticking off the dough.
- When the pan is sizzling hot, place the prepared paratha. After a minute paratha starts to puff up slightly. Apply Ghee on the paratha.
- Flip the paratha and apply little more ghee on the other side.
- Fry the paratha on both sides till golden brown.
- Sweet potato paratha is ready to serve. Serve hot either plain or with curd.
- I have prepared this paratha with out adding any sugar or jaggery. If you like you can add little bit of jaggery/sugar while boiling the sweet potato.