Plain Dosa Recipe
Dosa is a very common and is a staple breakfast recipe in South India. There are many varieties of dosa. The base is the same but different toppings and stuffing bring different flavor & texture. The taste and texture of the dosa entirely depend on the batter. Dosa batter needs to ferment to be able to get tasty and crispy Dosas. Today I am sharing plain dosa recipe (including how to prepare perfect batter) in simple to understand instructions that even beginners can easily prepare crispy and yummy Dosa
A Dosa without chutney is like a kadak chai without a biscuit etc.. Here am I including links to some of my favorite chutney. Please don’t forget to check these out
- Peanut Chutney | Groundnut Chutney | Palli Pachadi
- Putnala Pappula Pachadi Recipe | Roasted Chanadal Chutney Recipe
- Tomato Chutney | Andhra Style Tomato Roti Pachadi
Please do check our other Dosa Recipes :
- Rava Dosa Recipe | How to prepare Rava Dosa
- Easy Onion Uthappam Recipe | How to make easy Ullipaya Uttapam
- Easy Carrot Uthappam Recipe
- Pesarattu Dosa Recipe | Green Moong dal dosa Recipe
- 1 cup Urad Dal
- 3 cups Rice (sona masuri / boiled )
- 1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 2 tbsp Salt
- Oil to fry
- Wash, add enough water and soak 1 cup urad dal, 3 cups rice and 1 tsp fenugreek seeds in a bowl for 5-6hrs or overnight.
- Drain off the water and add the little portion of urad dal and rice to the blender and blend. Add little water and make the smooth batter.
- Transfer the batter to the large vessel and keep aside.
- Also blend the remaining dal and rice to a smooth batter.
- Add 2 tbsp of salt to the batter and mix well. Cover with the lid and rest the batter to ferment for 8-10 hrs.
- You can see the batter is nicely fermented. Mix the batter well.
- Heat the pan and when the pan is hot enough, pour a ladleful of batter. Spread the batter circularly to make a thin dosa.
- Spray a little oil over the dosa and fry till it turns slightly golden.
- Fold over the dosa, transfer to a plate and serve hot with any chutney.