How to make Tomato Chutney
Tomato chutney is a common household chutney found in most of the homes in Andhra.Half ripe Tomatoes coarsely ground along with cumin and garlic give this chutney nice tangy & spicy flavor. Today I am going to share Andhra style tomato chutney(roti pachadi) with half ripped tomatoes.
Tomato Chutney | Andhra Style Tomato Chutney
- 4 or 5 Semi Riped Tomatoes
- 3 Green Chillies
- 4-5 Garlic pods
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Chana Dal
- 1/2 tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 Red Chilli
- 1 pinch Hing
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Chop the tomatoes, slit green chillies.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a frying pan.
- Add tomatoes, green chillies and garlic pods and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add 3/4 tbsp cumin seeds and salt. Close the lid and cook till tomatoes become mushy. Switch off the flame and cool it completely.
- Add the tomato mixture to the blender and make a fine paste.
- Heat the oil in the pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds when splutters, add chana dal, red chilli and a pinch of hing. When the dal turns slightly brown, add the blended tomato mixture, mix well and fry for 2-3 minutes and switch off the flame.
- Tomato chutney is ready. Serve with either dosa or idly or even goes well with white rice.
Tried this recipe?Mention @chakriskitchen or tag #chakriskitchen!
Leave a Reply