Stuffed Brinjal Fry is inspired from Gutti vankaya which is a popular south indian dish. This recipe involves stuffing Brinjal with spice mixture and frying them brinjal until they are cooked and tender. This Stuffed Brinjal fry will go well with rice.
Stuffed Brinjal Fry | Stuffed Eggplant Fry | Vankaya Vepudu
- 3 tbsp Roasted Chanadal
- 1 tbsp Chilli Powder
- 2 tbsp Copra (Dry Coconut) Powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Salt (as per your taste)
- 5 or 6 pods garlic
- 9 Brinjal | Egg plants
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Make a fine paste of roasted channa dal, copra powder, chilli powder, cumin seeds, garlic and salt.
- Wash and slit all the brinjals by keeping them intact at the stem.
- Stuff the earlier blended mixture and set it aside.
- Heat the frying pan by adding 2 tbsp of oil.
- When heated add the stuffed brinjals to the pan and flip them to nicely coat the oil to all the brinjals.
- Cover with lid and flip them when needed to cook the brinjals evenly.
- Switch off the stove once the brinjals are cooked evenly on all the sides.
- Serve hot with white rice