How to cook Prawn Manchurian Recipe | Shrimp Manchurian Recipe
Manchurian is Chinese dish which became very popular starter in India. There are many variations of Manchurian both in vegetarian & non-vegetarian space. Today I am sharing my personal favorite – Prawn Manchurian. It is a spicy delicious recipe where crispy fried prawns are mixed with sautéed onions and capsicum. Prawn Manchurian can be an appetizer or starter or also goes well with any fried rice, jeera rice, ghee rice or with noodles.
Prawn Manchurian | Shrimp Manchurian
- 10 Prawns or Shrimps
- 2 tbsp Chopped Onions
- 1 tbsp Capsicum
- 1/2 tbsp Green chillies
- 1/4 tbsp Garlic
- 1/4 tbsp Ginger
- 1/2 tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Rice Flour
- 1 tbsp All purpose Flour or Maida
- 1 tbsp Hot sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Clean and wash prawns. Add chilli powder, turmeric and salt, mix well.
- Add rice flour, all purpose flour or maida and mix well so that the flour is nicely coated to all prawns.
- Marinate for 10-15 mins.
- Finely chop onions, capsicum, ginger and garlic.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry prawns until golden brown on both sides.
- Spread out the prawns on a paper towel.
- Saute onions in the same pan. Add little oil if necessary.
- Add salt, ginger and garlic and saute for 1-2 mins.
- Now add capsicum and green chillies and fry for 4-5 mins. So that the capsicum turns crisp.
- Add hot sauce and saute it. Adjust salt if necessary.
- Finally add fried prawns and saute for 2-3 mins.
- Prawn Manchurian is ready. Serve hot.