Peanut chutney or palli pachadi is a delicious thick paste made with peanuts or palli. This simple yet delicious chutney can be made at home to compliment most of the Indian breakfasts like Idly, Dosa, Pesarattu and Pongal. There are many varieties in peanut chutney. Here I am sharing you peanut chutney made peanuts and tomato, tomato add a very nice tangy flavor to peanut chutney. So I prefer to add tomato instead of tamarind.
Peanut Chutney | Groundnut Chutney | Palli Pachadi
- 1 cup Peanuts or Palli
- 3-4 Green Chillies
- 1 Tomato (optional)
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp Musturd Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- 1 tsp Channa dal
- 1 Red chilli
- 1 spring Curry Leaves
- Dry roast peanuts and cool it completely.
- Take a pan, add few drops of oil, chillies and coarsely chopped tomato(optional), tamarind(you can skip if tomato is tangy).
- When the tomatoes got mushy, add tamarind and salt and keep it aside. In a blender, add roasted peanuts and ground it coarsely then add tomato and green chillies and sufficient water to make a fine paste.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a pan, add musturd seeds when splutters add cumin seeds, channa dal and urad dal turns golden, add red chillies and curry leaves. Switch off the flame and pour this over the peanut chutney.
- Serve chutney with either Idly or Dosa or pesarattu or oats pongal
Tried this recipe?Mention @chakriskitchen or tag #chakriskitchen!
Leave a Reply