Easy Onion Uthappam
Uthappam is a very popular breakfast recipe of South India. There will certainly be no menu without Uthappam right from a small hotel to a famous restaurant. There are many variations in uthappam. With plain dosa batter, we can easily prepare many variations of uthappam based on our interest. Usually, I prepare dosa batter for the 3-4 days of a week so that on first day. I will then prepare plain dosa and on second day either masala dosa or set dosa and on third day either onion uthappam or carrot uthappam or plain uthappam.
Today I am sharing with you a simple onion uthappam recipe. Please do try this and share your cooking experience in comments.
For the dosa batter recipe please check out Plain Dosa Recipe.
Also please checkout following chutney recipes to pair with Uthappam
- Peanut Chutney | Groundnut Chutney | Palli Pachadi
- Putnala Pappula Pachadi Recipe | Roasted Chanadal Chutney Recipe
- Tomato Chutney | Andhra Style Tomato Roti Pachadi
Please do check our other dosa recipes :
- Easy Carrot Uthappam Recipe
- Rava Dosa Recipe | How to prepare Rava Dosa
- Pesarattu Dosa Recipe | Green Moong dal dosa Recipe
- 1 cup Dosa batter
- 1/4 cup Onions (Chopped )
- 2 tbsp Green chilies (Chopped )
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves (Chopped)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Heat the pan and when the pan is hot enough, pour a ladleful of batter. Spread the batter circularly to make a thick dosa.
- Sprinkle chopped onions, green chilies, and coriander leaves over the dosa. Also, spray tbsp of oil over the dosa and along the sides of dosa.
- Fry dosa till it turns slightly golden and flips it over.
- Fry till onions are nicely fried.
- Tasty onion uthappam is ready. Serve hot with any of your favorite chutneys.