Andhra Mutton Curry | Lamb Curry | Goat curry
Mutton curry is a spicy delicious gravy of lamb meat cooked with onions, tomato, coconut mixed with spices paste. Mutton is cooked soft and the gravy will be spicy and juicy. Mutton gravy goes well with White rice or jeera rice or any type of pulao and also goes very well with chapati.
- 500 gms Mutton
- 2 Onions
- 1 Tomato
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 Potato (Optional)
- 1 cup Fresh or dry Coconut
- 3 inch Cinnamon Stick
- 5 or 6 Cloves
- 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Curd or plain Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 Coriander Leaves
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Salt (or as per taste)
- Clean and wash the Mutton.
- Take mutton in a bowl, add 3/4 tbsp turmeric, 1 tbsp chilli powder, 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste, salt mix well so that all the ingredients nicely coats to the meat and marinate it for 20mins.
- Meanwhile finely chop the onions, small tomato and slit the green chillies.
- Blend fresh coconut pieces, coriander seeds, cinnamon stick, cloves in a mixer/blender and make into a fine paste.
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker, when heated add onions and green chillies.
- Now add the remaining turmeric and little bit of salt and fry till onions are translucent.
- Add tomatoes (don't add too much of tomato as it sweetens the mutton gravy) and fry till tomatoes are mushy.
- After the tomatoes are mushy, add the blended masala paste and mix well.
- Fry till raw aroma of spices goes off.
- Now add mutton to the mixture and mix well to nicely coat the masala, add curd or yogurt and cook for 2 -3 minutes.
- Curd or yogurt mixes well and water starts oozing out from the meat.
- Add potato(optional) and coriander leaves. Place the lid to the cooker and cook it on a medium flame for 3-4 whistles or till the mutton cooks well.
- When the pressure goes off, remove the lid. We can see oil nicely oozed out and the mutton curry is ready.
- Mix the mutton curry and check if the mutton is proper cooked or not. If required we can cook for 5 mins.
- Mutton curry is ready to serve. Take it in a serving bowl and serve hot with White rice or Jeera Rice or Peas Pulao or chapati.
Tried this recipe?Mention @chakriskitchen or tag #chakriskitchen!
Thanks For Sharing this Amazing Recipe. My Family Loved It. I will be sharing this Recipe with my Friends. Hope They will like it.