Butter Cake | Sponge Cake:
Today I am going to share the butter cake recipe which is smooth, soft, spongy and absolutely delicious cake. This is my all time favorite cake. In my childhood days, my mom and dad use to prepare this cake for my birthday and it was very special for me.
Now for the first time I have tried the cake in the similar way and it came very well.
Butter Cake | Sponge Cake
- 2 cups All purpose flour or Maida
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Butter (unsalted)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Mixed Dry Fruits
- Take the all purpose flour or maida in a bowl and add sugar, baking powder. Mix well and keep it aside.
- Chop Cashew and almonds to flakes and keep aside.
- Whisk the eggs in a blender or mixing bowl.
- Add butter to the eggs and whisk throughly till butter melts completely.
- Divide the flour into three parts and add 1/3rd of the flour mixture to the blender and blend for few minutes. Here in this butter cake recipe I am not using any essence. If you want you can use vanilla essence.
- Add another 1/3rd of the flour mixture to the blender and blend again for few more minutes. We can see the flour is mixed well with eggs and butter. Add remaining flour and blend for 5 more mins. Add 50ml or more milk to adjust the batter consistency and blend for 1 or 2 mins.
- Meanwhile grease the tray with butter.
- Now sprinkle few of the dry fruits in the tray.
- Pour 1/3 rd of the cake batter in the tray and knock it to the floor it spread the batter evenly.
- Now sprinkle some more dry fruits and half of the cake batter and knock it to the floor it spread the batter evenly.
- Now pour the remaining batter and sprinkle dry fruits.
- Pre heat the oven to 360 F and bake the cake for 40-45 mins.
- Around 40 minutes, the cake nicely turned to golden color. Now, insert a knife or a skewer or tooth pick to check the cake baked evenly or not. If the knife comes out clean, cake is baked perfectly else bake for another 5 - 10 mins more.
- Take out the cake from oven and cool it completely.
- When the cake is cooled, invert the cake on to the plate.
- Butter cake is ready to serve. Cake stay good for 1-2 days. You can also refrigerate and heat it for 20secs before serving.