Ragi sangati is a very healthy traditional south Indian recipe. Some places it is also called Ragi Mudhe. It is rich in calcium and iron. Traditionally, preparing sangati is a time consuming process where rice is soaked and then softly cooked in a vessel then ragi is added and mashed to become soft. Today I am sharing a little easy process where rice is cooked in the pressure cooker, mashed softly and then mixed with Ragi. Learn how to cook ragi sangati easily with simple instructions along with photos. It goes very well with mutton curry or chicken curry or any veg gravy.
- 1 cup Ragi Flour
- 1/2 cup Rice
- 3-4 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Salt
- Take the rice in a pressure cooker, add 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Mash the rice with a spoon or spatula.
- In a large vessel, add a cup of water and salt.
- Add the mashed rice, mix well without any lumps and cook on a medium flame for 5mins.
- Add a cup of ragi flour little by little by stirring continuously with a wooden spatula on a low flame.
- Nicely mix ragi and white rice without any lumps and cook on a low flame few minutes.
- After 5min, ragi is nicely cooked and soft.
- Apply a little ghee or water to your palm. Take a portion of the ragi sangati and make a ball. Repeat the process.