Ragi Roti is very popular and authentic breakfast recipe in Karnataka. It is very healthy, nutritious and calcium-rich breakfast. Kids will also like this roti.
When I was working in Bangalore, I had ragi roti when one of my colleagues brought and asked me to taste, I instantly liked it. Immediately I have asked for the recipe and tried it out. My Husband liked it very much. So felt like sharing this with you all 🙂
Learn how to prepare ragi roti easily with step by step instructions along with photos. Try it and let me know how it comes up.
Please try our other roti recipes
Steps to prepare Ragi Roti
Ragi Roti Recipe
- 1 cup Ragi Flour
- 1 small Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Green chili (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Salt
- Take the finely chopped onions, green chili, cumin and salt in a bowl.
- Add ragi flour to the mixing bowl and mix all the ingredients.
- Add little by little water to the mixture and mix well.
- Knead the dough for 2-3 mins to make a smooth dough. Rest the dough for 5mins.
- Meanwhile, take an aluminum foil or a thick plastic sheet and grease with oil.
- Take a big lemon size dough and place it over the foil.
- Grease your fingers with oil or water and pat the dough with hand. Make a roti as thin as possible but slightly thicker than chapati.
- Heat the pan, add 1 tsp of oil or ghee and invert the foil over the pan and slowly pull the patted dough on to the pan and foil in opposite direction.
- Cover the roti with the lid and let it fry on a medium flame till the upper surface turns dark.
- Spread a tsp of oil or ghee over the roti.
- Flip it over and cook for another minute or until it becomes dark.
- Serve ragi roti hot with mint chutney.