Recipe for homestyle Kadai Chicken Drumstick Fry made with chicken legs. Chicken drumsticks are cooked in a Kadai along with onions and fried with added Indian spices.
Kadai Chicken Drumstick Fry recipe is very simple and can be made with very less preparation time and basic Indian spice ingredients. Chicken Legs or Drumsticks can be fried, cooked, and/or baked, they will turn out yummy in whatever method they are prepared. Chicken drumsticks can be served as a starter for biryani’s, as the main course along with roti or with a fresh vegetable salad if you are looking for a healthy meal. My daughter loves chicken and she gets really excited whenever she sees that I am preparing chicken drumsticks.
If you or your family are also a chicken fan like my family don’t miss these other chicken recipes
- Easy and Healthy Baked Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
- Easy Methi Chicken Recipe | How to make Menthi Kura Kodi Recipe
- Chicken Fry | Chicken Roast
- Easy Andhra Chicken Curry | Easy Kodi Kura
- Thoroughly wash the chicken leg pieces, make slits, and keep aside.
- Heat oil in kadai and add cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, star anise, and bay leaf.
- Fry the spices until nice aroma then add chopped onions and ginger-garlic paste.
- Fry the onions until the raw smell of the ginger-garlic paste goes off and add turmeric, chili powder, salt.
- Sautee them for a minute or two, add the chicken leg pieces.
- Mix them well to coat the onions mixture for all the pieces.
- Cover and cook till the chicken is nicely cooked which takes about 10-12 mins.
- Now add the coriander powder, cumin powder, and garam masala and mix it.
- Fry the chicken on medium-low flame for 5-8 minutes. Check the taste and adjust the spices, salt as per your taste.
- The simple chicken drumstick is ready to serve.
Chicken Drumstick Fry
- 5-6 Chicken Leg pieces
- 2 big Onions (Chopped)
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Garam Masala
- 1-2 inch Cinnamon stick
- 4-5 Cloves
- 2 Cardamom
- 1 or 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Star anise
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 2-3 tbsp Oil
- Clean, wash thoroughly the chicken leg pieces, make slits, and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, star anise, and bay leaves.
- Now add onions, ginger garlic paste.
- Sautee them until the raw smell of ginger garlic paste goes off. Add turmeric, chili powder and salt and fry them for 4-5 minutes.
- Add chicken leg pieces.
- Mix well so that the mixture is nicely coated to the chicken pieces.
- Close the lid and cook chicken for 10mins or until the chicken leg pieces are cooked thoroughly on a medium low flame. Check the taste and adjust salt, chili powder as per your taste.
- Now add coriander powder, cumin powder and garam masala.
- Mix well and fry them stirring now and then.
- Chicken drumsticks fry is ready. Serve with rice, chapati or jowar roti. I like to eat chicken drumstick along with sambar rice.