Green moong dal
Green moong dal recipe is very healthy protein rich recipe. After marriage, one day my husband cooked this for us. I was very much shocked when he started cooking dal with green gram but when I have tasted the dal for the first time I really liked it. From then onwards we regularly use to cook green gram dal.
Today I am sharing you this recipe with step by step instructions along with photos.
Green Moong Dal
- 1 cup Green Moong dal
- 1 Tomato
- 2 Green Chilies
- 1 tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/8 tsp Methi Seeds
- 2 or 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Dry Red Chili
- Clean, wash and soak green moong dal for 1 hour. After 1hr, add the soaked moong dal to pressure cooker.
- Chop the tomato, green chilies and add to pressure cooker.
- Add turmeric, chili powder. Also add 2 cups of water and cook for 2-3 whistles.
- When the pressure goes off, remove the lid.
- Add salt as per your taste and slightly mash the dal.
- Mix well and boil on low flame to remove any excess water.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- When oil is heated, add mustard, cumin, methi seeds. Once splutters, add garlic and red chili.
- When the garlic is fried, add to the dal and mix well.
- Green moong dal is ready to serve. Serve hot with rice or roti.