Borugula undalu or murmura ladoo is a simple snack recipe where borugulu or murmura or puffed rice is mixed with jaggery syrup to make sweet and crispy ladoo. It is very easy to make and kids love this to have as a snack.
It’s not only easy to make but a healthy snack. We are using only two ingredients to make this. Jaggery is healthier compared to other sweeteners and is a rich source of iron.
We can also make peanut ladoo, sesame ladoo in the same way.
Today I am sharing the perfect borugula undalu recipe with step by step process.
Also, check our peanut chikki recipe
Chikki | Peanut Bar | Groundnut Bar
How to make Borugula undalu:
1. Heat a wide frying pan.
2. Add borugulu and fry them until they turn crisp. Keep aside.
3. Add jaggery and little water to the same pan and let the jaggery melt on a low flame.
4. When jaggery melts completely, filter the jaggery syrup and let it boil.
5. Boil the jaggery syrup until it turns frothy.
6.To check the perfect consistency of syrup, take water in a plate or bowl and drop few drops of jaggery syrup. If the jaggery syrup turns into a small ball then turn off the flame else boil it for 1 or 2 minutes more.
7. Now add the borugulu.
8. Mix well until borugulu is nicely coated with jaggery.
9.Now take a small portion of the mixture.
10.Make them round with hands.
11.Keep them aside. And repeat the above steps.
12. Store them in an air-tight container or zip-lock bags.
- 1/2 cup Jaggery
- 1 1/2 cup Borugulu or Murmura or Puffed Rice
- 1 tsp Ghee or Clarified butter (Optional)
- 1/8 cup Water
- Take a wide frying pan or kadai.
- Add borugulu and fry them for 2-3 minutes or until they turn crisp. Keep them aside.
- In the same pan, add 1/2 cup jaggery and 1/8th cup of water. Reduce the flame to low.
- Stir continuously until jaggery melts. Filter the jaggery syrup and boil it till it turns frothy.
- Take a small bowl or plate with little water. Now put 3-4 drops of jaggery syrup. If the jaggery syrup forms a softball then the syrup is ready with good consistency else we need to boil the syrup for 2 more minutes.
- Turn off the flame, add the earlier fried borugulu to the syrup.
- Mix well until jaggery syrup is nicely coated.
- Grease your palm with ghee, take a small portion of the borugulu.
- Make a nice circular ladoo with your hands and keep aside.
- Crispy borugula undalu is ready to eat. Store them in an air-tight container or zip-lock bags.
Leave a Reply