Beetroot Poriyal or talimpu is a simple, easily prepared yet delicious south Indian recipe made with beetroot. Most of the people will not like beetroot, I am one among them but beetroot is very good for health which contains lots of nutrients. So try to include beetroot in your diet for at least twice a month.Today I am sharing simple beetroot talimpu or poriyal recipe with instructions along with photos.
Beetroot Poriyal | Beetroot Talimpu
Beetroot talimpu is a simple and healthy recipe.
- 2 cups Chopped Beetroot
- 1 1/2 tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 or 2 Red Chillies
- 2 tbsp Copra Powder (fresh or dry)
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Wash and peel the beetroot. Chop them as small cubes. Add beetroot, turmeric, chilli powder and 1 cup of water to a pressure cooker and cook them for 1 or 2 whistles.
- When the pressure goes off, remove the lid and cook it on a high flame for 2-3mins to evaporate the excess of water.
- Heat oil in a frying pan or kadai.
- Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds when they splutters, add urad dal and red chillies.
- When the urad dal is turning brown, add beetroot, salt and mix well. Cook for 5 mins.
- When the water is completely goes off then add grated coconut. Fresh coconut gives a good flavor to the curry if not you can also use copra powder. Copra powder is also good but fresh coconut gives more flavor than dry. Mix well and switch off the flame.
- Beetroot poriyal is ready to serve. Serve hot with white rice or chapati.
Tried this recipe?Mention @chakriskitchen or tag #chakriskitchen!
Leave a Reply