Egg Biryani or Fried Masala Egg Biryani. Biryani is a popular Indian/Pakistani dish with different states having different variations of Biryani recipe. Among these Hyderabadi dum biryani, Lucknowi Biryani, Mughlai Biryani etc. are popular variations. Today we bring you Fried Masala Egg Biryani which is one of the variations of biryani. This easy to cook recipe is made with a mixture of curry, rice and tossed with fried masala eggs.
Please also try our other rice dishes
Fried Masala Egg Biryani
- 6 Boiled Eggs
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- 1 Onion
- 3 Green Chillies
- 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 2 or 3 Bay leaf
- 2 inch Cinnamon Stick
- 6 Cloves
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Cardamom
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Garam Masala
- 1 Coriander Leaves
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Oil
Masala Egg Fry
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell goes off.
- Add little bit of turmeric, chilli powder, salt and coriander leaves and fry for 2-3 minutes. Just add 1 tsp of water to prevent burning of spices.
- Now add boiled eggs and toss them to nicely coat masala evenly on all the eggs.
- Finely slice onions and take all the spices.
- Heat oil in a vessel and add all the above specified spices and fry till a nice aroma comes.
- Now add onions, green chillies and 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste and fry for few minutes.
- Add turmeric, chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt. Mean while wash and soak basmati rice for 10mins.
- Fry till onions are cooked and raw smell of ginger garlic paste goes off.
- Now add basmati rice and 3 cups of water and mix well. Adjust salt as per your taste.
- Transfer all the content to the cooker and cook for 10 mins or basmati rice is cooked well.
- When the pressure goes off, mix the rice well to nicely mix up the spices.
- Place the fried eggs over the biryani and serve hot.