Eggless Raisin Cake Recipe in simple and easy to understand steps. Raisin cake is a simple butter sponge cake with raisins. It is easy to make, soft, sweet, delicious tea time snack recipe and can feel raisin in each and every bite. Even kids will love this cake.
How to put Raisins in a cake:
- Soak raisins in warm water for 15 mins.
- Drain off the water into another bowl and save the water for later use.
- Take 2 spoons of raisins and keep aside.
How to Stop Raisins from Sinking in your Cake:
- Dried fruits usually contain natural oils and this oil causes the raisins to slip to the bottom of the cake when the batter starts to cook and baked cake raise up.
- To avoid raisins from sinking, Sprinkle a small amount of all-purpose flour over the raisins and toss them nicely. Keep aside.
How to make Raisin Cake:
- In a mixing bowl, take butter at room temperature and beat it until soft.
- Add granulated sugar, beat until the sugar melts and mixture turns creamy.
- Add vanilla extract, beat for a minute.
- Also, add the flour, baking powder, to the butter mixture and mix with a spatula then beat it until mixed nicely.
- Now add the water (raisins soaked) to get the right consistency.
- Add the raisins and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 320-degree Fahrenheit.
- Grease the cake pan, and put the parchment paper.
- Transfer the batter to the cake pan and pat it twice to level and remove any air bubbles.
- Spread the raisins on the top.
- Put the cake pan in the oven and bake it for 55 mins.
- After 55 mins, take a toothpick, insert, and if the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is baked perfectly.
- Remove the cake tray from the oven, carefully invert it on a rack, or a plate and cool it completely before cutting it into pieces.
Please check our other cake recipes:
- Butter Cake Recipe | Sponge Cake Recipe
- Easy Eggless Honey Cake Recipe
- Healthy Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- Eggless Whole Wheat Banana Walnut Cake Recipe | No Sugar | No Maida
- 1 cup Raisins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- Soak the raisins in the warm water for 15mins. Drain the water and take the raisins in a bowl. Reserve 2 tbsp of raisins and sprinkle 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour over remaining raisins and toss them and keep aside. Also, keep aside the water which can be used for the cake.
- Take butter in a mixing bowl and whisk it until soft.
- Add a cup of sugar and beat until the sugar melts, becomes soft and creamy.
- Now add vanilla extract and beat for a minute.
- Measure 2 cups of all-purpose flour, add it to the mixture and mix well. Prefer to mix with a spatula but cut and fold method.
- Add a tbsp of baking powder. Beat it for a minute or two.
- Take 1/2 or 2/3rd cup of the earlier soaked raisin water to get the desired consistency. You can also add milk instead of water. If you like to add eggs, add 2 eggs. Beat for 2 more minutes.
- Add the raisins that are tossed with flour and mix well with a spatula.
- Take the cake pan, grease it with butter, and put the parchment paper.
- Transfer the cake batter into the cake pan and level the batter by patting it twice.
- Sprinkle the earlier reserved raisins on the top.
- Meanwhile pre-heat the oven to 320 degrees Fahrenheit. Put the cake pan in the oven, bake the cake for 50-60 minutes, or until baked. Baking time varies from oven to oven. For me, it took exactly 55 mins. So after 45 mins, insert a toothpick, if the toothpick comes out clean then the cake is baked perfectly. So adjust the timings as per the oven settings.
- When the cake is baked, take off from the oven and let the cake cool down completely.
- Enjoy the raisin cake with a cup of tea or coffee.
- While adding any fruits or nuts or choco chips to the cake, firstly toss them with the flour which helps them to spread evenly all over the cake without sinking.