Chepala Iguru Recipe
Chepala Iguru is an costal andhra delicacy where fish is cooked with onions & spices. Usually in all curries we will fry onions first then add the other ingredients, but here in this fish recipe we will mix all the ingredients along with onions and place the fish pieces as well and cook together. Because of this while the onions becomes translucent, fish will also gets cooked and gets the nice flavors of onions and spices. Today I am sharing you the fish curry with instructions along with step by step photos.
Please dont forget to try our other fish recipes
- 1/2 kg Fish
- 2 large Onions
- 3 Green Chillies
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 2 tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Finely chop onions and slit green chillies.
- Add oil, turmeric, chilli powder and ginger garlic paste.
- Mix all the ingredients nicely and adjust the salt as per your taste.
- Clean and wash the fish pieces. If required, add little rock salt and curd to the fish pieces and wash.
- Now take a wide vessel and spread the half of the onions mixture which was prepared in the step 3 in the vessel.
- Now place the fish pieces on the onions and spread the remaining onions over the fish.
- cover the vessel with a lid and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- After 3-4mins, flip over the fish pieces and cook for another 2-3mins or till the fish is cooked properly.
- Add coriander leaves and let it cook for a minute or more.
- Fish curry is ready to serve. Serve hot with white rice.