Here I am sharing a very tasty Andhra style chicken fry or Kodi vepudu. Chicken fry is an easy recipe where chicken is marinated with spices and ginger garlic paste and nicely fried with onions and chillies.
Chicken Fry | Chicken Roast | Kodi Vepudu
- 500 gms Chicken Breast
- 2 Onions
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic
- 1/2 tbsp Garam Masala
- 1 pod Garlic
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 Coriander Leaves
- Take the chicken breast, clean and wash and cut into small pieces.
- Add turmeric, chilli powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix well to coat the spices nicely on chicken. Marinate it for 10mins.
- Finely chop the onions, green chillies and garlic pod.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Add onions. chillies, turmeric and little salt and fry till onions are translucent.
- Add chopped garlic and fry till raw smell goes off.
- Mean while add chicken another vessel, ginger garlic paste, place the lid and cook on medium flame till the chicken is half cooked. Do not add water as the water oozes from chicken will be enough to cook the chicken.
- Once the chicken is half cooked, remove the lid and cook the chicken until all the water goes off.
- Onions got fried nicely. Switch off the flame and keep it aside.
- Keep frying the chicken and once the chicken is fried and cooked nicely.
- Now add the fried onions to the chicken and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add coriander leaves and fry for 3-4 mins.
- Transfer the chicken fry to serving dish and serve hot.