Oats Pongal | Oats Kichidi:
Pongal is a very popular south Indian comfort food which is made with rice and moong dal. It is a very tasty and delicious recipe which hardly takes 30mins to prepare.
Here I am sharing you a different variety of pongal which is made with oats instead of rice but still delicious. It’s a healthy breakfast and also a nice option for dinner. Please try and enjoy the delicious oats pongal.
- 3 cups Oats
- 1 cup Moong dal
- 1/2 cup Green Peas
- 2 Carrots
- 1/2 Capsicum
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1/2 tbsp Musturd Seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 6 Black Pepper
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- 1/8 tbsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Salt (as per your taste)
- 1 tbsp Butter or Ghee or Oil
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- Finely chop the carrots, capsicum, green chillies and ginger.
- Heat butter in a pressure cooker. Once the butter melts add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, black pepper, when splutters add curry leaves, pinch of asafetida, green chillies and ginger.
- Add chopped carrots, capsicum and green peas for 2 minutes.
- Now add moong dal and fry for 3 more minutes.
- Add Oats, turmeric and salt and add 5 cups of water and more as per your taste as oats will absorb much water.
- Place the lid and cook for 2 whistles.
- When the pressure goes off, mix the oats pongal and serve hot. Enjoy the yummy oats pongal with Peanut chutney.