Tomato Drumstick Curry
Tomato Drumstick Curry is a Juicy, spicy and tangy recipe where drumstick is cooked along with onions and tomatoes. We can also prepare tomato vankaya(egg plant) curry, tomato kodi guddu(egg) curry just replacing drumsticks with either vankaya or kodi guddu.
Here I am sharing tomato drumstick curry which is very easy to prepare. Drumsticks cooked with tomato gives a nice flavour to the drumstick. This curry will be great to have with hot rice or roti.
Tip: Try to pick tender & fresh drumstick for this curry.
Tomato Munagakaya Curry | Tomato Drumstick Curry
- 1 cup Chopped Onions
- 1 cup Chopped Tomato
- 3-4 Drumstick or Munagakayalu
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Heat oil in a vessel.
- Add mustard and cumin seeds.
- When splutters, add chopped onions and green chillies. Meanwhile cut the drumstick into pieces.
- Also add turmeric, salt and mix well.
- When onions are translucent, add drumstick or munagakayalu. Close the lid and cook.
- After 5 mins add chopped tomato, chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala. Mix well and cook till drumstick is cooked and tomatoes becomes mushy.
- Add coriander leaves and cook for 2-3mins and switch off the flame.
- Tomato drumstick curry is ready. Serve hot with white rice.