Mirchi Bajji is a very popular street food of South India where mirchi or green chillies are coated with besan or gram flour and deep fried. It is spicy, crispy outside and soft inside. There are many types of bajjis, for all types process is similar, with various vegetables like potato, raw banana, brinjal, capsicum. Among all most famous is the mirchi bajji. Today I am sharing you a simple, easily prepared mirchi bajji recipe with step by step instructions along with photos. Try this recipe.
Mirchi Bajji | Mirapakaya Bajji | Chilli Bajji
- 6 Green Chillies
- 1 cup Besan
- 1/2 tsp Ajwain
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- pinch of Baking Soda
- Oil to deep fry
Stuffing for Cut Mirchi
- 1/2 Chopped Onion
- 1/4 tsp Coriander Powder or Chat Masala
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Take the medium or long green chillies and wash them.
- Slit the green chillies vertically and remove the seeds.
- Taka besan or gram flour in a vessel, add chilli powder, ajwain, salt and baking soda.
- Mix the ingredients throughly and make a paste by adding little water. Add little more water to get the required consistency. Batter should not be too thick or runny.
- Heat oil in a frying pan or kadai. When the oil is hot, dip the chilli in the batter and put it in the oil.
- Fry on the medium flame till they turn golden. Stir now and then to fry uniformly.
- Transfer them on to a plate. Serve hot.
Stuffed Mirchi | Cut Mirchi
- Mix onions and salt. Cut the bajji, stuff the onions, sprinkle coriander powder or chat masala and Squeeze lemon juice. Serve hot.