Gutti Vankaya | Stuffed Brinjal Curry
Gutti Vankaya is a delicious south Indian recipe made with stuffed brinjals which is spicy, juicy gravy. There are many variations in the stuffing. I have learnt this recipe from my mother-in-law. Today I am sharing you gutti vankaya recipe with peanuts and copra powder stuffing which gives a very nice flavour to the gravy with simple step by step instructions along with photos. It goes well with white rice or chapati or jonna roti.
- 8 or 9 Brinjal or Egg plant
- 1 Onion
- 1 or 2 Tomato
- 5 or 6 pods Garlic
- 1/2 cup Peanuts
- 2 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 2 tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric
- 2 tsbp Copra Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 or 2 Red Chillies
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Coarsely chop onion, tomato and garlic pods.
- Dry Roast peanuts and cool them completely.
- Wash the brinjal and make the slits by keeping them intact at the stems.
- Add tomato, onion, garlic, peanuts, coriander powder, chilli powder, copra powder and salt to a blender and make a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add mustard seeds and red chillies. When splutters add 1 tbsp finely chopped onions.
- When the onions are translucent, add the masala paste.
- Fry till the raw smell goes off and oil oozes out. Reduce the flame to low.
- Take a spoon full of masala and fill it in brinjal.
- Nicely fill the masala for all the brinjals and fry for 3-4 mins.
- Add 1 cup of water, place the lid and cook for 1 or 2 whistles.
- Gutti vankaya is ready. Serve hot with white rice or chapati or Jonna Roti.
Tried this recipe?Mention @chakriskitchen or tag #chakriskitchen!
Leave a Reply