How to make Soft & Fluffy Poori
Poori is a common Indian breakfast recipe which is made with wheat flour kneaded into tight dough ,spread into small circles and is deep fried in oil. Poori can be found in the breakfast menu in almost all the restaurants. It is best served with aloo saagu or Aloo tomato curry
Today I am sharing you the simple recipe with that you can make a soft and fluffy pooris easily with step by step instructions along with photos.
- 2 cups Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Oil to deep fry
- Take the wheat flour in a large mixing bowl, add salt and mix well.
- Add water and knead it the dough. Rest the dough for 5mins.
- Take the small portion of the dough and make a small lemon size ball and flatten it with palms.
- Take one ball and roll it circularly till slightly thick with the rolling pin.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan to fry or kadai.
- When the oil is heated, drop the rolled out poori and gently press.
- When the poori puffs up, turn the poori. Some times it turns automatically when it is fried.
- Fry till it turns golden.
- Drain the poori and transfer to the serving plate.
- Serve hot. It goes well with aloo curry.