Easy Andhra Chicken Curry
Andhra chicken curry locally known as kodi kura is a simple to cook. Chicken is cooked with Indian spices which make this dish rich in flavour and spicy. I have learnt this recipe from my mom. I like this curry with Chapati. Today I am sharing you the simple and easily made chicken curry with instructions and step by step photos.
- 500 gms Chicken
- 2 medium Onions (Finley chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Cloves
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 inch Cinnamon Stick
- 4-5 Cloves
- 2 pods Cardamom
- 2 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 1/2 cup Fresh Coconut
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1/2 tbsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Salt
- Add masala ingredients to a blender and make a fine paste. You can add little water to blend.
- Clean and wash chicken. Add all the ingredients listed in marinate group.
- Mix well so that all the spices are nicely coated to the chicken. Marinate chicken for 15-20mins.
- Heat oil in a vessel.
- When oil is hot enough, add cinnamon stick, cloves and fry till nice aroma.
- Add onions and sauté for a minute.
- Add chilli powder, turmeric and coriander powder. Mix well and fry till onions are translucent.
- Now add masala paste which we prepared in step 1.
- Mix well and fry till nice aroma.
- Add chicken and mix well.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes. Close the lid and cook on a medium flame till the chicken is cooked well.
- After 5 mins check whether water oozed out from chicken or not. If not, add little water and stir. Adjust salt and chilli powder as per your taste. Place the lid and cook for some more time.
- When the chicken is cooked perfectly, add coriander leaves and cook for 1-2mins.
- Chicken curry is ready. Serve hot with rice or chapati or biryani.