Sweet, flavorful and chewy, Coconut Ladoo or Kobbari Louju is a very healthy, tasty, and nutritious sweet recipe prepared with coconut and jaggery. Easy to prepare with only two ingredients yet delicious.
To prepare these, we will use freshly grated coconut which gives a nice texture. You can also use sugar instead of jaggery but always recommend using jaggery which adds a nice flavor to the ladoo.
How to prepare coconut ladoo or kobbari louju:
- Grate the freshly broken coconut. Here I have pulsed it in the blender. If you have a hand grater, you can use it. Add a cup of the grated coconut to a pan.
- Add 1/2 cup jaggery and cook it on a low flame.
- Jaggery melts slowly and the coconut gets cooked in the jaggery syrup. If required you can add 1-2 tbsp of water.
- Add cardamom powder and continue cooking it until all the moisture gets evaporated.
- When the mixture is slightly thick, add ghee and switch off the flame.
- Let the mixture cool down slightly. Take a small portion of the mixture and roll them into bite-size balls.
- Repeat the above step to make ladoo for the remaining mixture.
- Place them on a wide plate and let them cool down completely.
- Transfer them to an air-tight container. They stay fresh for a week.
Checkout our sweets recipes
Kobbari Louju | Coconut jaggery Ladoo
Freshly grated coconut mixed with jaggery and cooked.
- 1 cup Fresh Coconut
- 1/2 cup Jaggery
- 1 or 2 pods Cardamom
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- Take a fresh coconut, cut into small pieces, and pulse them in the blender. Take a pan and add the freshly grated coconut.
- Add half cup of jaggery. Cook them on a low flame.
- Slowly jaggery gets melting and coconut will cook with the jaggery syrup. If required add 1-2 spoons of water.
- Add cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Continue to cook until the moisture gets evaporated. Add ghee, mix well, and turn off the flame. Let the mixture slightly cool down.
- Take a small portion of the mixture and roll them into bite-size balls. Repeat this step for the remaining mixture. and keep them aside.
- Delicious kobbari louju or coconut ladoo is ready to eat. They stay fresh for a week.
- Completely let the moisture gets evaporated and the mixture gets slightly thick else the ladoo will spoil in a day or 2.
Tried this recipe?Mention @chakriskitchen or tag #chakriskitchen!
Leave a Reply