Andhra Fish Fry
Fish Fry is a simple, easy to make, spicy and delicious recipe. There are many variations in fish fry. Today I am sharing you Andhra style chepa vepudu which I have learnt from my mom with instructions along with photos.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 2 pieces Fish
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice (optional)
- Firstly clean and wash the fish pieces. If required, add little rock salt and curd to the fish pieces and wash.
- Take ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, turmeric and salt in a vessel. Mix well and coat the masala over the fish pieces and set aside for 5-10mins.
- After 10mins, place the vessel over the stove and cook the fish for 3-4 mins by covering the vessel with a lid.
- After a minute or two, flip over the fish pieces and let it cook for a minute or more and switch off the flame.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan. Here I am frying fish with less oil, if you want to deep fry then add more oil.
- When the oil is hot enough, place the fish pieces and frying them on a medium flame for 3-4 mins.
- After 3mins, flip the fish pieces and fry till golden brown on both sides.
- Fish fry is ready to serve. Transfer the fish piece to a serving plate and add lemon juice before serving.