Palak Paneer is a north Indian gravy recipe where blanched spinach is pureed with some spices and cooked along with onions, tomatoes to make a puree. Finally will add the fried paneer to the gravy.
Spinach is rich in Vitamins, Iron, and magnesium. Eating spinach regularly helps in reducing stress, blood pressure, and also helps in maintaining good eyesight. Its really good to include spinach in everyday diet.
How to make Spinach puree:
1. Boil 3-4 cups of water in a vessel.
2. Add spinach leaves and cook them for 3-4 minutes.
3. When spinach is completely blanched, turn off the flame.
4. Drain off the water and cool it completely.
5. To a blender, add blanched spinach, ginger, garlic, and green chilies.
6. Make a fine paste of it and keep aside.
How to make Palak paneer recipe:
1. Heat butter in a wide pan.
2. When the butter is melted, add cubed paneer. Fry them until they are slightly golden on both sides.
3. Transfer the paneer to a plate.
4. Add oil to the same pan and sautee cumin seeds.
5. Add chopped onions and fry them until they are translucent.
6. Now add chopped tomatoes and fry them until they turn mushy.
7. Add the spinach puree blended earlier and cook for 5 mins or until the raw smell goes off.
8. Add salt and cook for 2-3 minutes. Check the taste and adjust salt as per your taste.
9. Now add the fried paneer cubes to the gravy and cook them for a minute or two.
10. Finally, add a tsp of garam masala powder, mix well, and turn off the flame.
11.Palak paneer is ready to eat. Serve this with Chapati / Roti / Pulka / Naan / Any flavored rice. Add cream just before serving.
- 100 grams Paneer Cubed
- 1 bunch Spinach
- 1 big Onion Chopped
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 1 inch Ginger
- 3-4 Green Chilies
- 2-3 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Salt or as per your taste.
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Cream (Optional)
- Boil 3-4 cups of water in a vessel.
- Add the spinach leaves to the boiling water and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- When the spinach is blanched completely, turn off the flame.
- Drain off the water completely and cool down the spinach.
- Add blanched spinach, ginger, garlic, and green chilies to a blender.
- Blend it to a fine paste and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter in a wide pan or vessel.
- When the butter is melted, add cubed paneer and fry them until they turn slightly golden on both sides.
- Transfer the fried paneer into a plate.
- Now add oil to the same pan and add cumin seeds.
- Add onions and fry them until they are translucent.
- Add tomatoes and cook them till they become mushy.
- Now add the spinach paste blended earlier.
- Mix well and add salt.
- Cook well for 5 mins or until the raw smell goes off. Check the taste and add salt as per your taste.
- Add the fried paneer and cook them for 3-4 minutes.
- Finally, add garam masala powder, mix well, and turn off the flame.
- Palak paneer is ready to eat. Add cream just before serving.