Putnala Pappula Pachadi
Putnala Pappula Pachadi is a most popular and preferred chutney in Andhra for most of the breakfasts like Idly, Dosa, Pesarattu, Upma and Pongal. It’s amazing how bringing few ingredients together creates such flavor. Today I am sharing with you easy and tasty pappula pachadi recipe with simple instructions along with step by step photos.
- 1 cup Pappulu / Roasted Chanadal
- 1/2 cup Fresh Coconut (chopped)
- 2or3 Green chillies
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 1 Dried Red Chilli
- 1 tsp Oil
- Take a frying pan and spray with cooking oil. When heated, fry green chillies.
- When the green chillies are fried, add coconut and sauté for a minute or two and switch off the flame. Keep aside and allow them to cool.
- Add a cup of roasted chana dal, fried chillies and coconut to the blender and make a fine powder.
- Add little water and blend to make it a fine paste. Transfer the chutney to a bowl and keep aside.
- Now heat oil in the same frying pan and add mustard, cumin seeds when they splutters, add urad dal and red chilli. When the dal is turning slightly brown switch off the flame. You can also add curry leaves for seasoning.
- Add the seasoning to the chutney and mix well. Pappula pachadi is ready to serve. It goes well with dosa, idly, pongal, upma or pesarattu.