Quinoa Peas Pulao recipe is a healthy, tasty, and easy to make where quinoa is cooked along with peas and added Indian spices. In this recipe, we are just replacing rice with quinoa to the traditional peas pulao recipe.
Nowadays everyone is looking for healthy, weight loss recipes. For them replacing rice with millets helps them to reduce weight, stay healthy, keeps them filling, without compromising their cravings.
Do we need to soak/rinse Quinoa?
Yes. Quinoa has a slight bitterness on the outer layers. So, soak quinoa for 5-10mins and then rinse them twice. This helps in removing the bitterness from the outer layers of quinoa.
How to prepare Quinoa Peas Pulao:
1. Heat butter and oil in a vessel.
2. Add Cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, and bay leaf. Fry them till a nice aroma.
3. Now add onions and ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell of ginger garlic goes off.
4. Meanwhile, soak quinoa for 10mins, rinse them twice, drain off the water, and keep aside.
5. Add turmeric, coriander powder, and garam masala. Fry them for a minute.
6. Add green peas. You can use either fresh or frozen green peas but I recommend using fresh green peas.
7. Then add earlier washed and drained quinoa, mix well to nicely coat the masala and fry for 2 minutes.
8. Add 1.75 cups of water, salt. Check the taste and adjust salt as per your taste. Usually, for pulao recipes, water should taste salty.
9. Cover and cook on a medium flame for 10-15 mins or until the quinoa is cooked and absorbed all the water.
10. Serve hot with your favorite kurma or raita.
For Kurma recipes, Please go through the below links:
- Easy Capsicum Masala Recipe in simple steps
- Easy Methi Chicken Recipe | How to make Menthi Kura Kodi Recipe
- Andhra Mutton Curry | Lamb Curry | Goat curry
- Easy Andhra Chicken Curry | Easy Kodi Kura
- Mushroom Masala Dry Recipe
Quinoa peas pulao
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1/2 cup Green Peas (Fresh or Frozen)
- 1 big Onion (Sliced)
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 2-3 Green Chilies
- 1 inch Cinamon Stick
- 5-6 Cloves
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 or 2 pods Cardamom
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2-3 tbsp Oil
- Take a vessel, add butter and oil to it.
- When butter is melted, add cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, and bay leaf.
- Now add onions, green chilies, and ginger garlic paste. Fry them until the raw smell of ginger garlic paste goes off and onion slightly turns brown.
- Add turmeric, coriander powder, and cumin powder and fry for a minute.
- Then add green peas. Mix well.
- Add quinoa and stir to nicely coat the masala.
- Add 1 and 1/2 cup of water, salt. Check the taste and adjust salt as per your taste. The water should be salty.
- Cover and cook them for 10-15 mins or till the quinoa is nicely cooked and all the water is absorbed.