I recently had Methi Chicken at a restaurant and wanted to try it out at home. Today I prepared Menthi chicken after consulting my goto guru a.k.a google.
Methi chicken is a simple and tasty curry where chicken is cooked with Methi/Fenugreek leaves along with Curd. Methi leaves bring a very nice & distinct flavor to the dish.
If fresh methi is not readily available, we can also use dried methi/fenugreek leaves. Dried Fenugreek is also called Kasuri methi
Healthy and tasty is a very rare combination in Indian cooking. Methi chicken is one such rare combination which is not only rich, tasty dish but also a very healthy dish
Few of the health benefits of Fenugreek/Methi are liver function improvement, regulation of diabetes, cholesterol, reduction of hair fall and improvement of skin health.
Learn how to prepare this healthy & tasty methi chicken with step by step instructions along with photos.
- 500 gms Chicken
- 1 big Onion
- 1 big Tomato
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 tbsp Methi Leaves (Dry or Fresh)
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tbsp Curd
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Heat oil in a vessel.
- Add cumin seeds and fry for a minute.
- When cumin seeds splutter, add chopped onions.
- Also, add ginger garlic paste.
- Fry till the onions are translucent.
- Now, add chopped tomatoes.
- Add methi leaves (dry or fresh) and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric, chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt.
- Fry till tomatoes become mushy.
- Add curd and mix well.
- Add chicken, mix well and cook for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked completely.
- When the chicken is cooked completely, add chopped coriander leaves and cook for a while.
- Methi chicken is ready. Serve hot with chapati or white rice.
Leave a Reply