Easy Eggless Honey Cake
Honey cake is a very delicious, spongy and moist cake where honey syrup is poured over the cake topped with jam and dry coconut. This is my one of my favorite cakes. Today I am sharing you honey cake recipe with simple instructions along with step by step photos. We can also avoid sugar while baking the cake and compensate the sweetness by using more honey syrup which will be healthy.
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Curd
- 3/4 cup Oil
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Orange Zest
- 2-3 tbsp Jam (any flavor)
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Dry Coconut or copra powder
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 or 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 cup Honey
- Take sugar, curd and oil in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk well till all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Add grated orange zest and mix well. Orange zest is an orange's peel. Orange zest gives a very nice flavor to the cake.
- Take all purpose flour or maida, baking soda and baking powder in a bowl and mix well.
- Add all purpose flour mixture and mix well with a spatula.
- After mixing for 5-6mins, all purpose flour is nicely mixed and forms a very thick batter.
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of milk to the batter and mix well to get the desired consistency.
- Batter should be thick and runny.
- Grease butter to the tray which you are using to bake the cake. Here I am using aluminum serving tray to bake the cake.
- Pour the batter to the tray, place the tray in the oven tray and pat it twice or thrice.
- Place the tray in the preheated oven at 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake the cake for 35-40mins or till the cake is baked perfectly. To know the cake is baked or not take a knife or toothpick and prick the cake, knife or toothpick should comes out clean.
- Add 1 or 2 tbsp of sugar, 1/2 cup water and boil till the sugar melts and syrup becomes slightly thick and turn off the flame. When the sugar syrup is warm, add honey and mix well.
- Remove the cake from the oven and cool it completely.
- Invert the cake and place in the plate.
- Pour the honey syrup which was prepared earlier over the cake and keep aside.
- Take 1 or 2 tbsp of jam ( any flavor of your choice) in the bowl and heat it. Here I am using strawberry jam.
- While the jam starts melting, add 1 tbsp sugar.
- When the sugar melts and nicely mixes with jam, switch off the flame and keep aside.
- Cake will absorb the honey syrup nicely.
- Now put the jam mixture over the cake.
- Spread the jam evenly over the cake. Here I have used less jam. If you like you can add generous amount of jam.
- Sprinkle the dry coconut powder over the cake.
- Honey cake is ready to serve. Slice the cake to pieces and serve.