Peas pulao is a very simple and easy yet delicious recipe where rice is cooked with peas(matar) mixed with Indian spices. One time when my husbands colleagues planned a potluck get together, I had an option to bring either pulao or any appetizer. I choose peas pulao.Although it was the first time am preparing pulao it came up very well.I got this recipe from my mom. Today I am sharing the peas pulao recipe with you all with simple instructions along with photos.
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- 1 cup Peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- 3 or 4 Green Chilies
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick
- 5 or 6 Cloves
- 1 or 2 Cardamom
- 1 or 2 Bay Leaf or Biryani Leaf
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Garam Masala
- 1 or 2 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Wash and soak basmati rice for 10-15 mins. After 15mins drain the water completely and keep aside.
- Heat butter and oil in a vessel or pressure cooker. Add all the spices and fry till nice aroma. Add sliced onions, green chillies and ginger garlic paste.
- When the raw smell of ginger garlic paste goes off, add turmeric, coriander powder, garam masala and salt.
- Fry the spices till nice aroma and add peas. Here I have used frozen peas but suggests to always use fresh peas which gives a nice flavor to the pulao.
- Mix well and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the basmati rice and mix well.
- Add 3 cups of warm water. Adjust salt as per your taste.
- Cook for 10mins or 2 whistles.
- When the pressure goes off, mix once and garnish with fried cashews. Serve hot with raita or any gravy.