Mushroom masala is a delicious, spicy recipe made with mushrooms which are nicely cooked along with onions, tomatoes, capsicum and added Indian spices. Today I am sharing mushroom masala recipe with simple instructions along with photos.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 cups Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 cup Onion (chopped)
- 1 cup Tomato (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Capsicum (chopped)
- 1 Green chilli (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Oil or Butter
- Heat oil in a vessel. When oil is heated add onions and chillies and sauté it for a minute or two.
- Add ginger garlic paste.
- Fry till the raw smell of ginger garlic paste goes away.
- Now add finely chopped tomatoes and sauté it.
- Add turmeric, salt and fry till tomatoes become mushy.
- When the tomatoes are mushy, add finely chopped capsicum.
- Mix well and add coriander powder, garam masala and chilli powder.
- Also add mushrooms and mix well. Add little water and cook till the mushrooms are cooked nicely and the water is evaporated.
- Mushroom masala is ready to serve. It goes well with rice or chapati.