Potato balls is a very tasty snacks which is crispy outside and soft inside. It is very good option for any kids parties or get together. Today I am sharing how to make potato balls with easy and simple instructions along with step by step photos.
Learn how to make restaurant style potato balls at home.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2-3 Boiled Potatoes
- 2 tbsp All purpose flour
- 1 tbsp Corn flour
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Power
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Amchur (dry mango)
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Onions (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Curry Leaves ( Chopped)
- 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 tsp Salt
- Oil to deep fry
- Take the boiled potatoes and peel off the skin.
- Grate the potatoes and keep aside. You can also mash the potatoes but I strongly recommend to grate to get the nice soft filling.
- Take a mixing bowl or plate and add the grated potatoes, 1 tsp all purpose flour, 1 tsp corn flour and remaining all the above specified ingredients.
- Mix well and adjust salt as per your taste.
- Grease your hands with little oil and make a small lemon size balls by rolling between the palms and keep aside.
- Add the remaining all purpose flour and corn flour to a cup.
- Add little by little water and mix well to make thin batter with out any lumps.
- Take a blender, add 2-3 slices of bread (with milk or whole wheat or brown) and pulse it for 3-4 minutes. You can also use bread crumbs which are readily available in the market. Take 2-3 tbsp of bread crumbs on a plate.
- Place the potato ball in the prepared batter.
- Roll it so that the batter is nicely coated on the potato ball. Thin layer of the batter should be coated on the ball. If the batter is thick then add little more water and make the batter thin.
- Now, roll the batter coated potato ball in the bread crumbs.
- Slightly roll the balls in between the palms so that the bread crumbs will nicely stick to the batter.
- Repeat the process for all the balls and keep aside.
- Mean while, heat the oil in a deep frying pan or kadai.
- When the oil is hot enough, drop one by one ball and fry it on the medium flame till golden.
- After a minute or two, turn the balls and fry till golden on all the sides.
- Drain the balls on the kitchen towel to remove the excess oil.
- Serve hot potato balls with tomato ketchup or any green chutney of your choice.