Potato fry or bangaladumpa pidipu is a popular authentic fry of South Indian recipe. Potato fry is prepared easily by frying boiled potatoes with onions and spices. Potato fry can be enjoyed with lemon rice, jeera rice, chapathi and also use as stuffing for Masala dosa.
Potato Fry | Bangaladumpa Pidupu
- 4 or 5 Boiled Potatoes
- 1 Onion
- 4-5 Green Chillies
- 1 inch Ginger
- 2 pods Garlic
- 1/8 tbsp Turmeric
- 1 spring Curry Leaves
- 1 Coriander Leaves
- 1/4 tbsp Musturd Seeds
- 1/4 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 tbsp Urad dal
- 1/4 tbsp Channa dal
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Peal off the boiled potatoes and chop coarsely
- Finely chop onion, ginger, garlic and slit the green chillies
- Heat oil in the frying pan.
- Add musturd seeds, cumin seeds when splutters add urad dal, channa dal, curry leaves, ginger and garlic .
- Once the raw smell of ginger and garlic goes off, add onions and green chillies.
- Add turmeric and salt and fry it till onions becomes translucent.
- Now add chopped potatoes, mix well and fry on medium flame for 5 mins.
- Finally add coriander leaves and fry it for 2mins. Enjoy the potato fry with rice or chapati.