Methi roti is on of the easily prepared healthy recipes. Today I am sharing you a very simple recipe where wheat flour is mixed with chopped methi (fenugreek) leaves and kneaded to dough and prepare roti. In childhood days, I never use to have any of the methi recipes. But when I had methi roti in my pg, I really liked subtle methi flavour in the roti.
- 1 cup Wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Methi (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Ghee/ Oil to fry
- 1/4 cup Water (as needed)
- In a mixing bowl, take wheat flour and add salt.
- Add chopped methi.
- Add little by little water and knead it to a slightly soft dough.
- Rest the dough for 5-10mins.
- Take a small portion of dough and make a lemon size of balls. Roll them in flour and keep aside.
- Take one of the dough and start rolling it with the rolling pin. If it sticks to the pin or the base, sprinkle little wheat flour and start rolling till it flattens to thin roti.
- When the pan is hot, place the roti.
- After a min, flip over the roti.
- Now apply little ghee/oil to the dough. You can also fry it with out adding oil.
- Fry on both sides until dough is cooked and has nice golden brown color.
- Serve Methi roti hot.