How to make soft Chapati | Roti
Chapati is a very common breakfast/dinner recipe in India which is made with wheat flour. Today I am going to share how to make soft chapati with simple step by step instructions along with photos. It goes very well with gutti vankaya curry.
Chapati | Roti
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 cup Wheat Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Take the flour in the mixing bowl, add salt and mix well.
- Add water and knead it to slightly soft dough. Rest it for 5-10mins.
- Take a portion of the dough and make big lemon size balls. Roll the balls in the flour and keep aside.
- Take a ball and start rolling into circular shape, apply little oil.
- Fold it to half and again fold it to the half to form a triangle shape. Repeat the steps for all the balls and keep aside.
- Take one of the dough and start rolling it with the rolling pin.
- If it sticks to the pin or the base, sprinkle little wheat flour and start rolling till it flattens to thin chapati.
- When the pan is hot, place the dough and flip it over after 1min.
- Now apply little oil to the dough. When the dough starts to puff up, flip it and add little more oil. You can also fry it with out adding oil.
- Fry on both sides until dough is cooked and has nice golden brown color
- Serve hot. Chapati goes well with gutti vankaya curry.