Atukulu or poha or Flattened rice mixture is very easy snack recipe that can be made in few minutes. As you might have guessed it by the name of the recipe, star of the recipe a.k.a main ingredient in this recipe is Atukulu or flattned rice.
Atukulu/Poha/Flattned rice has great prominence in Hindu Puranas. It is believed that lord Krishna’s friend Kuchela (who was extremely poor) took some Atukulu along with Jaggery to Krishna. Lord Krishna was very please with his friend’s offering and blessed Kuchela with many riches.
Coming back to present times :), this recipe has saved me many a times when I ran out of snacks and unexpected guests arrive at home. (Has it ever happened to you?) it is as simple as frying poha & peanuts, seasoning with salt and chilli powder. This goes very well as tea time snack.
Today I am sharing this recipe with you all in simple and easy to understand steps with photos. Please try this at home and let me know how it turned out. Your comments and suggestions are welcome.
Dont forget to try out these other snack recipes
- Dry Gobi Manchurian Recipe
- Mirchi Bajji Recipe | Mirapakaya Bajji Recipe
- Masala Pav | Pav Bhaji | Easy Indian Chat recipe
- Pesarapappu Pakodi/Moong dal Pakora
- 2 cups Atukulu
- 1/4 cup Peanuts
- 2 tbsp Roasted Chana Dal (Putnala Pappulu)
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 2 Garlic clove
- 2 sprigs Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Add peanuts to the pan and fry till golden. Keep them aside.
- Add roasted chana dal and fry them till they are slightly brown. Add to the peanuts in a mixing bowl and keep aside.
- Now add atukulu or poha and fry them on a low flame till they turns crispy.
- Add the fried atukulu to the mixing bowl and keep aside.
- Sprinkle chilli powder and salt over the atukulu and mix them so that the chili powder and salt nicely coats on the atukulu and nuts.
- Finally fry the crushed garlic and curry leaves and add them to the atukulu. Mix well.
- Atukula mixture is ready. Cool them completely and store in an air tight container.