Pesarattu or Green Moong dal Dosa:
Pesarattu or green moong dal dosa is a popular Andhra breakfast recipe which is made of Pesalu( Green Moong dal). Upma pesarattu is one of the best combination breakfasts in coastal Andhra.
Today I am sharing you simple pesarattu recipe which is very easy to prepare, just soak green gram for 4-5hours, grind along with some ginger and green chillies to a fine paste and prepare dosa (fermenting the batter is not required for this like other types of dosa).
For Peanut chutney, please check below
Pesarattu | Green Moong Dal Dosa
- 2 cups Pesalu or Green Moong dal
- 1 inch Ginger
- 3-4 Green Chillies
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Onion
- 1/2 cup Coriander Leaves
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Wash green moong dal twice to remove any dirt. Soak green gram for 4-5 hours or till the green moong dal is soaked and drain it.
- Finely chop onion and coriander leaves.
- Add green gram, cumin seeds, ginger, green chillies and salt to a blender and make a fine paste of desired consistency to spread the dosa.
- Heat pan and pour a ladle full of green gram batter.
- Spread it circularly to make a thin crepe and spread oil towards the edges.
- Sprinkle chopped onions, coriander leaves and cumin seeds. Gently press the onions so that onions will not spill over when it is flipped.
- When it turns brown flip it and cook on the other side.
- We can see onions are fried nicely. Pesarattu or moong dal dosa is ready to enjoy.
- Serve hot with peanut chutney.